East Morton has been in existence for a long time - it was even mentioned in the Domesday Book . However St. Luke's Church dates back to only 1851, when it was consecrated for worship.
The parish of Morton was formally created by an act of Parliament in 1846, and it was clear that a church building was necessary to serve the increasing population of the locality.
The school was built first, and used for services until the church was completed.
A detailed history of the church is available priced at £2.50 (plus any postage/packing if required). To buy the printed copy complete with some old photographs please get in touch by using the contact button at the top of the page.
It is possible to obtain a pdf copy of the history free of charge (but donations always welcome!!).